About the Firm
Central California Attorney Defends Individuals Accused of Crimes
Experienced Fresno lawyer handles felony and misdemeanor charges
I opened the Law Office of David R. Mugridge in Fresno in 1988 to help ordinary people who find themselves up against extraordinary legal challenges. Throughout my decades of litigation experience serving Central California, I have earned a reputation for providing skilled representation to individuals accused of crimes ranging from financial improprieties and traffic violations to drug possession and murder. I take a careful, personalized approach to every client’s case, whether it is a high-profile matter or something that can be handled inconspicuously. My thorough understanding of the California penal code allows me to develop strong defense strategies and to take on even the most complex trials.
Criminal law specialist takes on death penalty cases
Judges and opposing counsel recognize me for my skills and ethics, so they listen when I present a defense before a jury or in closed-door negotiations with a prosecutor. I am certified by the State Bar of California as a criminal law specialist, which means I am qualified to try special circumstances homicide cases that can incur the death penalty. When you work with me, you can rely on:
- Steadfast trial representation — My litigation track record allows me to advocate for you with confidence and to manage any complications that arise.
- One-on-one attention — I will carefully examine the specific details of your charges to create a personalized defense. I take a hands-on approach to guiding my clients through the available defense strategies and possible plea options.
- Reasonable rates — My commitment to providing principled legal representation includes offering cost-effective services.
Having the right lawyer by your side when you are dealing with the criminal justice system makes all the difference.
Areas of Practice
Accomplished litigator fights charges for violent and nonviolent criminal acts
I have focused my entire career on criminal defense
and am skilled in the many ways that cases can be tried. I provide representation for clients in these and other areas:
- Violent crimes — Domestic violence, assault and homicide charges have profound and far-reaching effects on the accused, so an assertive legal response is imperative. And if you have been wrongfully imprisoned for a federal crime, it may be possible to secure habeas corpus relief.
- Impaired driving and drug charges — Being charged with a DUI/DWI and its related traffic violations does not have to seal your fate. Neither does being charged with a drug offense. I am skilled in providing defenses that often help my clients avoid harsh sentences.
- Financial crimes and fraud — If you are fighting a white collar crime charge, plea options may be available. I have experience negotiating and litigating on behalf of clients involved in a wide range of fraud cases.
I also represent minors accused of juvenile crimes
, and I am well-versed in laws regarding parole and probation
Schedule your free consultation with a California criminal defense lawyer
For skilled defense of a criminal charge, call the Law Office of David R. Mugridge in Fresno at 559-214-5292 or contact me online
for a free consultation.